Stream: Coq devs & plugin devs

Topic: Issues building CoqIDE on master


view this post on Zulip Michael Soegtrop (Dec 28 2020 at 08:52):

I have some issues building CoqIDE on master - the make runs through without errors, but there is no CoqIDE.exe and make install fails. In 8.13 beta it all works fine. Is someone aware of changes since then which could explain this?

view this post on Zulip Enrico Tassi (Dec 28 2020 at 16:10):

I can't reproduce this problem, can you tell exactly what you are trying?

view this post on Zulip Michael Soegtrop (Dec 28 2020 at 16:22):

@Enrico Tassi : I am doing a Coq platform master build with CoqIDE enabled (it is currently commented out in the package file). But I have a local CoqIDE opam patch file, which I didn't integrate since it didn't work. Let me check if the effect is the same without that.

view this post on Zulip Enrico Tassi (Dec 28 2020 at 16:36):

I used coq master with no patch

view this post on Zulip Enrico Tassi (Dec 28 2020 at 16:37):

(not even the platform, nor opam)

view this post on Zulip Michael Soegtrop (Dec 28 2020 at 16:51):

On macOS it works fine - let me check again on Windows.

view this post on Zulip Michael Soegtrop (Dec 28 2020 at 20:15):

@Enrico Tassi : I need to do some more tests, but I think it is the lablgtk version. In master I still picked the beta version as in 8.12.2, but this doesn't seem to work any more. The version you have in 8.13 seems to work. I do two more clean builds to double check. If correct, the opam packages for CoqIDE should express this.

view this post on Zulip Michael Soegtrop (Dec 28 2020 at 20:27):

Actually it is lablgtk3-sourceview. 3.1.1 works, 3.0.beta6 fails. There was a time where it was the other way around, that the release version did not link. I am happy that this changed. I will change the opam files to reflect this.


Last updated: Oct 16 2021 at 07:02 UTC